There are different reasons why people take up different kinds of sports and physical activities like these at different points in their lives. Some people start out early on because they are passionate about it, or generally good at it, some people later on pick it up because they need a change or because they want to test themselves or to achieve discipline etc. Everyone has different motivations but ultimately, in the end, everyone will still wear the same uniform and learn from the same instructor. Taking Jiu jitsu classes isn’t a joke and there are some things you need to know and keep in mind regarding the fundamentals.
- First of all, please do not underestimate how difficult these classes can be; if you have no prior training in Jiu jitsu and any other sort of sport, it is strongly recommended to start from the beginner level because you need to understand the basics before you can progress and understand different poses and moves.
- It is also important to remember that you might not necessarily get off on a good start, a lot of people tend to struggle and end up facing problems and get easily frustrated. It is important at times like to be patient and to be find to yourself. If you overdo it, you will end up hurting yourself.
- It is important for you to follow the rules and disciplines of your class regarding dress code, punctuality etc.
- Do not forget to tend to wounds and to let your body relax and decompress every now and then or else you can end up hurting yourself.
- Lastly, do not lose motivation or hope early on, you just need to trust and listen to your instructor every time you find yourself struggling with class.